Call for Applications for a Bachelor’s degree, BTEC HND Level 5 Diploma, or bridging to a Bachelor’s degree scholarship by DAFI and EDU-SYRIA scholarships.
The United Nations Higher Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the European Union Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (EU Jordan), represented by EDU-SYRIA, are proud to announce jointly the call for applying for a Bachelor’s degree, BTEC HND Level 5 Diploma, or bridging to a Bachelor’s degree scholarship under the Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI) program, and EDU-SYRIA program funded by the German Government, the Said and Asfari Foundations and the European Union.
The scholarship programs are administered by The Noor Al Hussein Foundation and the German Jordanian University.
The scholarship covers all tuition fees, financial allowances for living, transportation, and books.
The scholarship, provided by the DAFI program, will be extended on an annual basis. However, EDU-SYRIA is given for the whole program duration as long as the applicant is maintaining his or her academic performance.
This year, the call for application will be implemented in 2 phases:
1. The first phase: will accept students into the bachelor’s degree for the first semester of the scholastic year 2023-2024.
2. The second phase: will accept students for the second semester (2023-2024 and will include bachelor’s degree, BTEC HND Level 5 Diploma, and a bridging program towards a bachelor’s degree. Announcement will be out in the coming few months.
Admission Criteria and Conditions:
- The applicant must be registered with UNHCR (all nationalities included).
- The applicant must be a high school graduate (JordanianTawjihi) of 2021-2022 and 2022-2023
- The applicant must hold an intermediate university degree or BTEC HND Level 5 Diploma within the last three years (to apply for bridging).
- The applicant must be 28 years old or younger.
- The applicant’s academic performance must be high.
- The absence of financial means to pursue higher education without a scholarship.
- Neither the applicant nor any of his family members have benefited from DAFI or EDU-SYRIA scholarships previously or currently.
- Strong motivation to contribute to your community.
- Application deadline: 26/8/2023
- Only ONLINE applications are accepted through the link: UNHCR Tertiary Scholarship Programme Online Platform (scholarshipsplatform.com)
- knowledge of English is a prerequisite for English language-based majors.
- For the first phase, the scholarship will provide 3 slots for majors that requires 5 years.
- The scholarship encourages female and male students with special needs to apply.
- Applying for the scholarship is free of charge.
- Eligible students for the first stage (interviews) will be contacted.
Universities offering scholarships in the First Semester phase:
- Yarmouk university – Irbid
- Jadara university – Irbid
- Zarqa University – Zarqa
- Amman Arab University – Amman
- Mutah University – Karak
- Tafila Technical University – Tafila
Universities offering scholarships for the Second Semester phase:
- Zarqa University – Zarqa
- Luminus Technical University College – Amman & Irbid
- Princess Sumaya University for Technology (Only for Information Technology majors)
Required application documents when attending the interview:
- Personal Photo
- Original high school transcript and a copy.
- Transcript of an intermediate university degree or international professional diploma and a copy of it (for bridging students only)
- Copy of a valid UNHCR Asylum Seeker Certificate or proof of registration with UNHCR.
- The Ministry of Interior card (MoI) for Syrian Nationalities, and passport for non-Syrian nationalities.
Failure to bring the above documents will negatively affect the chances of admission.
If you need assistance with the application process, you can visit the assistance hubs at the following locations:
- Luminus Technical University College (Amman & Irbid campus)
- Zarqa University – EDU-SYRIA Corner
- German Jordanian University – EDU-SYRIA Corner
- Blumont centers inside the Zaatari refugee camp
- Care centers inside Azraq refugee camp
Contacts/ focal points per location
- UNHCR Office Info-Line only: 064008000
- Mafraq governorate and Zataari camp only: 0791315639
- Azraq camp and Emirati Jordanian Camp only: 0790201285
2- Noor Al Hussein Foundation
- 0791294749 / 0799435813
- 064294146 / 0777211338
BELOW INFORMATION IS FOR APPLICANTS IN JORDAN ONLY:
- This online application is for both DAFI and EDU-SYRIA Scholarships.
- You, as a student, will apply for this scholarship through the online application, and your application will be reviewed and will be called for an interview if you meet the criteria of the scholarship.
- This scholarship provides opportunities for 4 years of study, and a very limited seat for the major that requires 5 years of study, in various fields, including a bachelor’s degree, BTEC HND Level 5 Diploma, and a bridging program towards a bachelor’s degree.
- The scholarship is subject to competition, GPA requirements, and availability of slots.
- The scholarships are dedicated for undergraduate levels: (Bachelor, BTEC HND Level 5 Diploma & bridging to bachelor’s degree).
- This scholarship is dedicated for Asylum seekers and refugee’s residing in Jordan and holds Jordanian Tawjihi of 2021/2022 or 2022/2023.
- As for the BTEC HND Level 5 Diploma holders who wish to bridge to a bachelor’s degree: the holder must be a fresh graduate of the last three years.
- For those registered with the UNHCR and holding a valid asylum seeker certificate.
- This application form is to be filled in English language only.
The DAFI scholarship program: (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative) is a valuable initiative that provides academic and financial assistance to refugees of all nationalities residing in Jordan. The program is supported by the German government in collaboration with ASFARI And SAED foundation in addition to being administrated by the United Nations Higher Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and Nour Al-Hussein FOundation. The program offers direct financial support to cover tuition fees, study materials, and living expenses to refugee students as they pursue higher education. DAFI scholars provides academic and psycho-social support, which helps students succeed in their studies and integrate into their host communities. Additionally, the program provides opportunities for students to engage in voluntary work, take training courses, and represent the DAFI scholarship both locally and internationally. Established in 1992, the program has successfully supported thousands of refugee students in over 50 countries worldwide. Its primary aim is to equip refugees with knowledge and skills that will enable them to contribute positively to their home countries when they can return. For further information, please visit the DAFI scholarship website.
Website: DAFI scholarship
EDU-SYRIA is a humanitarian project funded by the European Union (EU) to improve the livelihood options of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians who are beneficiaries of the charitable aid fund to support the Jordanian host community, through providing access to higher education (master, bachelor & diploma) and non-educational programs to improve and increase their employability opportunities in the labour market, i.e., Teacher Certificate Scholarship Program (TCSP) to leverage their skills and improve their educational experience, the Entrepreneurship Training Scholarship Program (ETSP) to provide a seed capital for entrepreneurs to launch their start-up business after undergoing the incubation programs, and the Six-Month Labor Market Oriented Course Scholarship Program to prepare potential applicants for the labor market by technical, vocational education and training, in addition, to offer grants to local organizations and institutions to conduct employability-related activities and actions. It is worth mentioning that since 2015 EDU-SYRIA has provided more than 3000 educational scholarships to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EDUSYRIA