EDU-SYRIA scholarship programme, funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the ‘Madad Fund’, is looking to recruit a financial officer.
EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN program is a series of EU-funded projects through the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (Madad Fund), to support higher education for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian youth. The programme’s scope of work has evolved from emergency response to providing a sustainable solution by granting youth with opportunities to pursue higher education (bachelor’s and master’s degrees), vocational education, technical training, special entrepreneurial training, and labor market-oriented courses, as well as summer programs for high school students.
For more information about the programme, please visit our website: http://edu-syria.eu/
- Job Summary:
The Financial Officer will join our finance team, and must be reliable and have the ability to work well within a team, yet show the maturity to work independently. The Financial Officer’s primary responsibility is to perform payments while ensuring documentation and accuracy.
- Job Responsibilities
- Perform all voucher payments, journals, and receipts.
- Perform bank reconciliation for all accounts.
- Perform internal and external transfers.
- Perform Financial claims to partners.
- Implement financial procedures.
- Verify receipts before proceeding with the payments.
- Ensure timely payment for students and partners.
- Ensure filing of all financial documents.
- Be responsible for various month-end closing processes (e.g. ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation, monthly coding checks).
- Contribute to all required audits.
- Perform variance analyses and prepare account reconciliations.
- Conduct regular visits to partner institutes.
- Accountability and Dependability for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Attention to detail and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Analysis of data to grasp issues draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Communication in an effective manner.
- Confidence in the ability to do the job.
- Creative and innovative to provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Flexibility in adapting and working with a variety of situations.
- Qualification requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Fresh graduate.
- Essential skills:
- Very good command of English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Behavioral Competencies.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Analyzing skills
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Empowering and building trust
- Working Hours and Location:
The place of work is the German Jordanian University, and the working hours are 48 hours per week, from 8:00 to 16:00.
- Application period
The application period starts on 25/05/2022 and ends on 02/06/2022
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below with your information.
You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.