EDU-SYRIA III program for graduate studies is a component of a larger project with eight other programs. It is funded by EU and implemented by the DAAD as part of a consortium led by the German Jordanian University (GJU), with a mission to find talented Syrian refugee youths and develop them further by providing them with a rewarding opportunity to study to obtain a master’s degree. Therefore, they have the ability to lead and advance their career and consequently better productive livelihood. The Program is offering (7) master’s degree scholarship opportunities for Syrians at the Princess Sumaya University of Technology in the field of Enterprise Systems Engineering.
The deadline for submission of applications is June 15th 2021.
- Support from the Scholarship Program
- The scholarship will cover the tuition and registration fees for a maximum of four semesters.
- One-time allowance (a stipend) will be awarded on a semester by semester based to cover basic expenses such as books.
- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant shall meet the following:
- Being a Syrian refugee who currently lives in Jordan.
- Have an asylum seeker certificate-ASC (UNHCR-issued documentation).
- Have a valid magnetic Ministry of the Interior Service-MOI card.
- Having a Bachelor’s degree in the field of IT and information Technology.
- Priority will be given to applicants who submit a valid National Exam result with the application.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons with special challenges/ needs are encouraged to apply.
- No work experience is required.
- Application and Required Documents
The applicant has to prepare and submit the following documents:
- Completed scholarship application form, which is available at www.edu-syria.eu through this: https://edu-sys.eu/EduSyriaScholarship/EduSyria/Login
- A copy of the applicant’s asylum seeker certificate-ASC.
- A copy of the applicant’s valid Ministry of the Interior Service (MOI) card.
- A copy of the applicant’s high school diploma (Tawjihi or equivalent).
- A copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate (Note: If the applicant has not got a bachelor’s/undergraduate degree by the scholarship application deadline, please submit the certification from the university confirming the intended graduation date.)
- A curriculum vitae (CV)/resume in English that outlines educational background and research experience, if any.
- A motivation letter (one page max).
- A recent photograph.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit an English Language Proficiency test such as the Jordan English National Exam.
- Supported Field of Study and Corresponding Universities
Obtained admission for a master’s program will be accepted as long as it was granted only by the Princess Sumaya University of Technology and for the program of Enterprise Systems Engineering.
- Selection Process
The selection process consists of two rounds:
- Round 1: Initial Application Screening
After the scholarship application deadline, the Program will conduct an initial eligibility screening to ensure that the applications meet all the basic pre-determined requirements. After that, the Scholarship Selection Committee will review the applications and select the most suitable candidates for the interview round.
- Round 2: Interview
The Scholarship Selection Committee will conduct the Interview Round using a blend of Arabic and English. The interview will last up to 30 minutes for each candidate via teleconference.
After the Interview round, the final decision will be made, and the DAAD will apply for those selected to be admitted to the PSUT.
Note: Applicants who have already obtained an admission offer from the Princess Sumaya University of Technology to study Enterprise Systems Engineering do need to continue the admission application process along with submitting the required documents.
All applicants to the Scholarship Program will be notified of final results.
- Selection Criteria:
The application and selection process of EDU-SYRIA III Graduate Studies program is open, competitive, transparent, and free of charge. Members of the Selection Committee are prominent professors in various fields of science and technology. Applicants do not need to pay any fees to anyone in order to apply for the scholarship. Scholarship recipients are selected based on vulnerability, individual merit, including academic performance, preparation, intellectual capability, potential, courage/resilience, and commitment to contribute to the development of humanity, science, and technology.
- Scholarship Conditions
Applicants must fully meet the application requirements of the scholarship. During the study program, applicants must meet the minimum academic requirements determined by the program as well as reporting their academic performance and research progress periodically to the Scholarship Program.
- How to Apply
The application form is available through this
To find more information about the scholarship please visit this http://edu-syria.eu/
For further information about the EDU-SYRIA III Graduate Studies Scholarship Program, please contact the Scholarship Program via email at email@example.com or call (+962) 0790723870 from 9:00 in the morning to 1:00 in the afternoon.
DAAD office Amman – Jordan
Next to North Gate – University of Jordan
2nd. Investment Building –4th. Floor
Ahmed Al-Tarawneh Street, Jubeyha
Amman – Jordan
Email: scholarship @daad-jordan.org
VERY IMPORTANT: Please check carefully the eligibility requirements listed above and submit the application before the application deadline. All the scholarship recipients must abide by all regulations and requirements of the Program, or else the scholarship will be revoked.
EDU-SYRIA III is the fourth in the series of educational-oriented projects. The European Union Regional Trust Fund (EUTF-MADAD) fully funds this project under a larger umbrella of “Support to Higher Education for Syrian Refugees and Vulnerable Jordanian Youths-EDU-SYRIA/Jordan III” over the next four years. The overall objective of this project is to “improve livelihood options through higher educational opportunities for Syrian refugees and vulnerable host community youths in Jordan”. The project is composed of eight components that are all within the scope of higher education. Graduate Studies Scholarship Action is one of those.
The project is managed by GJU in partnership with Jordan University of Science and Technology, Yarmouk University, Mutah University, Zarqa University, Luminus Technical University College, in addition to the new partners: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), Nuffic (The Dutch Organisation for Internationalisation in Education), and Queen Rania Teacher Academy. The Project also cooperates with Jordanian aid funds: National Aid Fund, Tkiyet Um Ali, Al-Aman Fund, and Zakat Fund.