Position: Communication and Visibility Officer on the project “EDU-SYRIA”.
Work base: EDU-SYRIA, Head Office, German Jordanian University.
Starting date of the contract: Feb 2023
Duration of contract: 12 months
Status in EDU-SYRIA: Project Staff
Background: For the background, please click at https://edu-syria.eu/
EDU-SYRIA application form, the recommendation/ motivation letter, and the CV must be in English.
Under the direct supervision of the EDU-SYRIA manager, the Communication and Visibility Officer will support the project team in conducting public relations activities in order to raise general public awareness of the project, its goals, and its activities. The tasks will include the implementation of diverse activities such as initiating and permanently updating the project’s website, drafting and publishing periodic publications, project fact sheets, newsletters, and reports in Arabic and in English demonstrating the achievements and the role of the EU and EDU-SYRIA, preparing and conducting press conferences, round tables, televised and radio messages, public lectures, etc. (any other tasks seen by the project management)
- The incumbent will have the duty to draft, edit and translate written texts in Arabic and English.
- In consultation with the EDU-SYRIA Manager design a strategy of communication and visibility;
- Organize press conferences, when needed, for the different initiatives and other purposes;
- Draft and collect (from partner(s)) press releases in English & Arabic for each initiative;
- Ensure and/or collect (from funded partner(s)) and consortium members professional photo and video coverage of all events;
- Produce a visual identity for each initiative organized by EDU-SYRIA;
- Manage incoming and outgoing demands for visibility material;
- Produce and ensure wide distribution of visibility material;
- Send e-mail shots, e-invitations, and paper invitations (if needed) to targeted audiences;
- Ensure that photos and videos are partially delivered on the same day of the event and update EDU–SYRIA’s picture and video databases and social media outlets;
- Produce a general video compiling all initiatives achieved;
- Produce and distribute a booklet compiling all initiatives achieved;
- Create infographics on a regular basis;
- Create fresh, dynamic & regular social media content in Arabic and English for all EDU-SYRIA’s online platforms: websites, FB pages, Instagram, and Twitter accounts;
- Monitor social media activity;
- Boost strategic or relevant posts;
- Reply to questions and comments in Arabic and English on and off social media;
- Monitor partners’ pages to share their content when relevant;
- Update EDU-SYRIA’s social media featuring all events organized by EDU-SYRIA, any relevant (to EDU-SYRIA) EU activities, and/or consortium members’ activities;
- Ensure media partnerships for each initiative;
- Ensure that logo policy is according to the Terms of Reference-EU;
- Ensure all printed communication material for the events (types, sizes, quantity);
- Ensure distribution of all printed communication material at the venues (banners, roll-ups…);
- Liaise with venues and partners when needed;
- Send regular content to partners; &
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the EDU-SYRIA Manager.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling EDU-SYRIA’s values and ethical standards,
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of EDU-SYRIA,
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Management and Leadership
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and results for the client, and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Integrity, teamwork, gender balance-oriented attitude.
- Innovative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work in a result-oriented environment. Resourcefulness and strong networking skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Academic/vocational degree or its equivalent in social sciences, arts, graphic design, or related fields.
- Experience in public relations and/or journalism.
- Fluency in the English and Arabic languages spoken and written.
- Excellent communication skills.
The application period starts on 03/01/2023 and ends on 17/01/2023
The application is closed
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below with your information.
You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The recommendation/ motivation should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience make you a good fit