The EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN program, funded by the EU through the regional trust fund “Madad” in response to the Syrian crisis and managed by the German Jordanian University, announces that the door is now open for Syrian refugees living inside the refugee camps to apply for Bachelors degree scholarships at Zarqa University for the upcoming academic year 2021/2022.
The registration period is open from Sunday 05/09/2021 to Sunday 26/09/2021.
1. Applicants must be:
- Syrian nationality, living inside the refugees camps (Zaatari, UAS, Al Azraq)
- Younger than 28 years old
- The candidate should hold a the UNHCR Asylum Seeker Certificate
- The candidate should hold the security card (Ministry of Interior card) for Syrian.
- Obtained the high school certificate (Tawjihi) in 2021 – regular study only.
- Obtain an initial acceptance approval from Zarqa University (This does not mean acceptance for the scholarship).
- The priority will be given to candidates with a higher GPA and satisfy the previous conditions.
2. Required documents :
- A certified copy of the high school certificate (Tawjihi).
- Copy of the security card or Syrians (Ministry of Interior card).
- Copy of the UNHCR Asylum Seeker Certificate.
- Copy of the birth certificate or family documents (if available).
- Copy of the passport (if available).
- Two recent personal photos.
- The initial acceptance approval from Zarqa University.
3. The registration process -ONLINE:
- Apply for an initial acceptance from Zarqa university onlin using this link: https://systems.zu.edu.jo/OnlineAdmissionPortal
- Zarqa University will review your applications, if accepted you will recieve in your email a “temporary acceptance” document that has a temporary acceptance number. And credintials for your account on EDU-SYRIA online application system.
Note: receiving the temporary acceptance does not mean acceptance in the scholarship.
- Once you received the temporary acceptance, log in to EDU-SYRIA online application system: https://edu-sys.eu/EduSyriaScholarship, choose the scholarship you want to applay for.
Take a look at the instruction manuel here.
- EDU-SYRIA team will review your application, if accepted you will be invited for an interview.
- Only the candidates who meet the requirements, will be invited to the interview.
- All applicants will be informed whether they were accepted or not.
For those who are unable to apply for the scholarship online, you can come to Zarqa University and provide the required documents to obtain the initial acceptance.
Note: Zarqa university will provide buses to transport students from Al Zaatari and Al Azraq camps to the university, every Tuesday and Thursday (during the registration period), the buses will leave at 8 am from the camps. (from Zarqa University buses area).
4. Important notes:
- Registration in the online application system is mandatory and no application will be considered otherwise.
- The applicants should have an active email in order to create an account on the online application system.
- The system allows you to applay for one scholarship only
- Only the applicants are allowed to enter the university campus due to the university’s measures to limit gatherings, as a preventive measure against the Corona pandemic, therefore we urge the applicant to NOT BRING FAMILY MEMBERS WITH YOU to Zarqa University.
6. Contact us
Phone 1: +962 6 429 4144
Phone 2: +962 6 429 4144